Best "network manager"

Hello !

I  would like  to determine  what is  the `best'  network  manager for
beginners that  need to handle both  a wireless connection  and a wire
one. What I seek is something like what is done in Mac OS X :
 - if the  network cable  is plugged/unplugged,  the wire  network is
   configured/deconfigured.
 - a tool to choose _and_ configure the wireless network

A first search  lead me to ifplugd for the first  task. For the second
task, I think a graphical tool  is needed: the wireless network may be
out of  reach, many of  them may be  available, etc. The user  need to
select  the correct  network  and  it needs  to  be configured.  KWifi
Manager for KDE seems to do the trick.

Does someone have other suggestions for such tools ?
--
I WAS NOT TOLD TO DO THIS
I WAS NOT TOLD TO DO THIS