Re: memory stick

s. keeling wrote:

> Colin Cotter <colinjcotter@gmail.com>:
>>  On 7/12/05, Steffen Waldherr <steffen.waldherr@web.de> wrote:
>>
>> > If this doesn't work, you might
>> > want to try "fdisk /dev/sda" to see the partition
>> > table of the stick and maybe repartition and/or
>> > reformat it to your needs.
>
> Beware, however, others have reported that once reformatted, the stick
> became a paperweight.

Having done that, I can assure you it's not (quite) true (anyway, they're
way too light to be good paperweights).  If you don't format it correctly,
_Windows_ will treat it as a paperweight.  HP provides a handy reformatting
tool on their website (google for HPUSBFW.exe) that seems to work to fix up
memory sticks, if you run into that problem.  Been there, done that. :-)
--
derek