Re: Help with ACPI and CPU throttling

Le dimanche 20 février 2005 à 15:50 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf a écrit :

> Okay! I had tried that earlier but that took me to a much more worse state.
> As I said, I'm able to suspend-to-RAM and I think it resumes also but no video
> output comes up. Yes, you might say that the X video drivers are buggy but I
> tried it on the console too stopping the X server and unloading any dri
> modules. But still I don't get the video.
>
> I use vesafb at the console too. Could that be the reason ??

Hey Ritesh,

I am having many problems getting my laptop to sleep also. Now I get to
suspend it to RAM and back, but my network card is gone (in a way I
cannot get it back) when I do it. Anyway, I can get it back, which is
kind of cool :-)

As you will see, I have to stop a lot of things manually before I can
initiate the suspend to RAM.

------------------------
$ cat /etc/acpi/sleep.sh

#!/bin/sh
# /etc/acpi/sleep.sh
# Initiates a suspend to memory [when sleep button is pressed]

sync
/etc/init.d/mysql stop  # wouldn't stop by itself
/etc/init.d/hotplug stop
touch /tmp/suspended    # see powerbtn handling
/usr/sbin/ifdown eth0
rmmod eth1394           # trying to get my network card to
#rmmod ieee1394          # "survive" the suspend-to-RAM
rmmod ipw2200           # wireless card driver
rmmod uhci_hcd
rmmod ehci_hcd
sleep 1

echo mem > /sys/power/state

sleep 1
(
  sleep 2
  insmod ehci_hcd &
  insmod uhci_hcd &
  insmod ipw2200 &
  #insmod ieee1394 &
  insmod eth1394 &
  /etc/init.d/hotplug start &
  /etc/init.d/mysql start &
  /usr/sbin/ifup eth0 &
) 2>&1 | logger -t 'acpi-sleep' &

---------------------------

$ cat /etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh

#!/bin/sh
# /etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh
# Initiates a shutdown when the power button has been
# pressed.

# Test if the computer is in suspended mode right now
if [ ! -f /tmp/suspended] ; then
        # Not in suspended mode -> shutdown
        if ps -Af | grep -q '[k]desktop' && test -f /usr/bin/dcop
        then
                dcop --all-sessions --all-users ksmserver ksmserver
logout 0 2 0 && exit 0  # only for KDE (dcop is a KDE app)
        else
                /sbin/shutdown -h now "Power button pressed"
        fi
else
        # It is in suspended mode -> do nothing but come back from
suspend
        # (handled by sleep.sh)
        rm -f /tmp/suspended
fi

You can probably get several bits from this.
The whole /tmp/suspended file stuff is to allow a different behaviour
for the powerbtn whether you were in suspend-to-RAM or in normal state.

Yannick