Help with ACPI and CPU throttling

Hi all,

I have a Dell Latitude which has a P4-M and supports advanced features like CPU thottling .

Now with kernel-2.6.8 I had control over everything, the CPU speed (from 1.2 Ghz to 200Mhz) powersave or performance modes, Suspend and hibernate all worked.

Then I upgraded to kernel-2.6.10 (using make oldconfig) and since then nothing at all works, I have no control over the power management at all, not even performance/power profiles. Only thing working it the Battery monitor.

Can anyone help me? I cannot go back to kernel 2.6.8-9 because when using these kernels my wireless card would crash any AccessPoint i associated to (much to the annoyance of my college network admins + fellow students, and also my home network), but kernel 2.6.10 seems ok in that respect