Re: Help with ACPI and CPU throttling

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 12:47 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> On Sunday 20 February 2005 02:26 am, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> > What happens when restore time comes along?  Do you get crap all over
> > your screen?  Does nothing happen?  What video drivers are you using?
> > Note that the ATI's fglrx drivers do not resume:
> >
> > http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4746.html
> >
> > So if you want to resume you will need to not be using the X.Org or
> > XFree86 drivers.
>
> I'm not able to restore using any key combinations. If I press the "Power Off"
> button the hdd spins up, I see lights coming up but then the notebook halts.

Ah, yes.  What has happened here is that the default Debian installation
for ACPI connects the "Power Button" to "shutdown"...  So then you
suspend (fine), resume (by pressing the power button) and the system
resumes and immediately sees that you pressed the power button, so
initiates a shutdown...

Have a look in /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn and disable that handling, and
all should be fine.

> I'me using the i810 driver for my Intel 855GM Chipset.

So it definitely won't be the ATI issue then :-)

Cheers,
					Andrew.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
          What are they doing now? http://schoolreunions.co.nz/