Re: PCMCIA problems on TI TravelMate 5300

> > When I try to use the tcic controller driver and start PCMCIA, I get an
> > "init_module: Device or resource busy" error. Also, the kernel log reports:
> > "Databook TCIC-2 PCMCIA probe: not found."
> > "ds: no socket drivers loaded!"
> > "unloading PCMCIA Card Services"
> >
> > However, if I try to use the i82365 controller driver, the machine hardlocks
> > before it gets a chance to write anything to the console or the kernel logs,
> > so I can't tell what it's doing.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have access to a laptop like that one. However, my
> guess is that it's right about there being no TCIC chip; my new laptop has
> a CardBus controller from Texas Instruments, and it's an i82365 compatible.
> I think they probably use their own chip in their laptops, like Toshiba do
> with IrDA.

I have a laptop with CardBus controller from TI too, and I'm able to use
the PCMCIA with i82365 chipset. I had the same problem when using
earlier versions
of pcmcia-cs, but there is a workaround. I don't know whether it works
for
you, but try this: edit file etc/pcmcia.conf with option
PCIC_OPTS="do_scan=0".

Good luck!

Regards,
Kenneth