Re: Helping in the translation of the Debian-Installer.

(restricting to -l10n-spanish...I guess you all guys are subscribed to
the list)

> Nevertheless, I think what l10n needs at the moment, is translation
> work. Specifically on l10n-es, there are quite good information and
> guide for translating on
> http://www.debian.org/international/Spanish.es.html, even for
> translation of documentation, website, dwn, d-i, etc.
>
> Although, yes, it could be a good idea write an updated and
> newbie-oriented guide for d-i translation, as I believe it's the area

This is the initial purpose of
installer/doc/translations.txt....however, this file is now maybe a
bit too huge....or not enough newbie-oriented.

> where more translation work is needed in these months.

Well, not really *now* at least for the languages which are already
done. The target is now not moving quickly-->most changes are English
changes after bug reports, usability reports, with a few new packages
from time to time.

Indeed, the d-i translation work can currently be handled by one
person alone....as long as there are a few other peoples for doings
reviews....or testing the installer in the given language, and reports
errors, inconsistencies, etc.

A lot of work has to be done on po-debconf translations, web site
translation, man pages translations and programs translations
(however, on that topic, close interaction with upstream is needed
too).