Re: Re: failure to insert the vfat kernel module

Thanks you about your answer! BTW, what is a 'union' filesystem?

Thanks!

atar.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 06:33:10AM +0300, atar wrote:
Hi there!!

Thanks you again about your great support!!

OK, so I've configured Syslinux to load the new kernel image
(vmlinuz.2.6.32-5-686) by changing the new kernel name into the old
kernel name. but unfortunately, I didn't find the corresponding
'initrd.img-' of the new kernel, and the error message of the vfat
mounting problem is still alive. what should I do on order to fix
this?

B.T.W, it's worth to mention here that I'm using at the live version
of Debian.

Ah, so you installed on a union filesystem?  But the boot loader has
no idea about the union filesystem, so it will still load the original
kernel image.  Ask on debian-live, but I think the answer will be: you
can only upgrade the kernel by creating a new live image.