Re: Re: failure to insert the vfat kernel module

On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 03:02 +0300, atar wrote:
> Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 09:13:50PM +0300, Atar wrote:
> >> Thanks you very much for your sharing your knowledge, but how can I
> >> upgrade the kernel and instruct the Syslinux boot loader to load the
> >> new upgraded kernel?
> >
> > You have already upgraded the kernel.  If syslinux loads the kernel
> > from your /boot partition then rebooting should fix the problem.  But
> > if you configured syslinux ot load it from somewhere else, you need to
> > copy the new kernel image there.
> >
> > Ben.
> >

> Thanks you for your help!!
>
> However, can you specify how can I recognize the new kernel image? what's
> its name?

The kernel is named '/boot/vmlinuz-' followed by the kernel version as
reported by 'uname -r'.  The boot loader must also use the new initramfs
image which is named '/boot/initrd.img-' followed by the kernel version.

These are the same filenames as in previous versions of the package so
normally the boot loader would load them without any reconfiguration.

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction.