Re: Building vanilla kernel .debs

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 10:21:00PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 09:53:58PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> > Not in a vanilla kernel tree, I didn't dream of .deb support being
> > included upstream.
>
> it was lingering for quite some time, massaged it for 2.6.31.
> actually submitted by Wichert Akkerman in 2003 upstream!

I don't know whether I like the idea of relying on upstream to provide
a current version of a debian-related script. Does the kernel-team
maintain the respective script in their vcs, and can I simply dump
your version into a vanilla tree?

> > For this to be a make-kpkg replacement, I'd need the
> > possibility to run the actual build process as non-root user while
> > using fakeroot to build the .deb,
>
> done in linux-next kbuild tree heading for 2.6.33.
>
> > append a string to the version  number and a debian revision.
>
> if you set KDEB_PKGVERSION you can set both, the debian revision
> is controled by .version.

I'll take a look, cheers.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190