Re: desktop effects on PowerPC

Alle lunedì 07 settembre 2009, drz ha scritto:

You don't need almost anything here. :)

> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "kbd"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
>         Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
>         Option          "XkbOptions"    "lv3:lwin_switch"
> EndSection
You can configure the console layout using systemsettings and choosing
region/language, it should be enough.

> Section "Module"
>    Load   "synaptics"
>    Load   "dri"      # modified
> EndSection
Synaptics is not needed anymore.

> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
> EndSection
Use evdev and get rid of this too.

> Section "InputDevice"
>    Identifier   "ADB mouse"
>    Driver      "synaptics"
>    Option      "SendCoreEvents"   "true"
>    Option      "Device"      "/dev/input/mice"
>    Option      "Protocol"      "auto-dev"
>    Option      "SHMConfig"      "true"
>    Option      "MinSpeed"      "0.30"
>    Option      "MaxSpeed"      "1"
>    Option      "EdgeMotionMinSpeed"   "200"
>    Option      "EdgeMotionMaxSpeed"   "200"
>    Option      "FastTaps"      "1"
>    Option      "MaxTapTime"      "80"
>    Option      "AccelFactor"      "0.10"
>    Option      "HorizScrollDelta"   "0"
>    Option      "VertScrollDelta"   "10"
>    Option      "FingerLow"      "1"
>    Option      "FingerHigh"      "3"
>    Option      "LeftEdge"      "80"
>    Option      "TopEdge"      "80"
>    Option       "RightEdge"      "850"
>    Option      "BottomEdge"      "560"
>    Option      "TapButton1"      "0"
>    Option      "TapButton2"      "3"
>    Option      "TapButton3"      "2"
>    Option      "SHMConfig" "true"
> EndSection
You can use a special .fdi file for hal for tapping and scrolling, google for
it.

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
>         BusID           "PCI:0:16:0"
>         Option          "BusType" "PCI"
>         Option          "DRI" "true"  # modified
>         Option          "AccelMethod" "EXA" # modified
>         Option          "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
> #       Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
> EndSection
Try to put more options here. I suggest to play with AGPMode, AGPFastWrite and
EnablePageFlip. Dri is superfluos since it's automatically enabled.
XaaNoOffscreen seems in contraddiction with AccelMethod EXA. XAA or EXA? I'm
quikly reading the radeon manual so maybe I'm wrong.

> Section "Extensions"
>         Option          "Composite" "Enable"
> EndSection
This stanza is superfluos too IMHO, xorg is able to autoconfigure itself
properly.
Try removing all the xorg.conf (store a backup just in case) and start from 0 a
new config.
Bye

Valerio