Re: no keyboard on upgrade from lenny to testing

Hi Valerio,

Valerio Passini schrieb:
> Alle sabato 25 aprile 2009, Marc Bantle ha scritto:
> > I just upgraded from lenny(stable) to testing.
> >
> > Keyboard works for login in kdm as well
> > as on console (ctrl+alt+F1). In KDE no
> > keyboard input is available, just mouse.
> >
> This is probably related to xserver-xorg and evdev driver. This topic
> has been debated before, look in the mail archive.
Thanks for your immediate help! I assume you're referring to
"Upgrading to KDE4 and Cherry Cymotion Linux keyboard".
I tried all of these with no success, until I found what was
wrong:

The upgrade had screwed KDE's accessibility settings.
Control Center --> Accessibility --> Keyboard Filters
--> Use Slow Keys where turned on and set to 500ms.
I never held a key long enough to realize ... up to the point
of total frustration, when my forehead hit the keyboard
... and - abracadabra - characters appeared on the screen ;-)

That explains of course why there where no prominent
error messages either.

Cheers,
Marc