Re: Konqueror: webkit instead of khtml

On Monday 27 April 2009, Christoph Burgmer wrote:
> Am Montag, 27. April 2009 schrieb Juergen Hornung:
> > now that we have qt 4.5 in SID I'd love to see also a webkit rendering
> > engine in konqueror - is there a change to see a working part of it?
> > (I tested it with Arora and I really love the webkit rendering).
>
> JFTR: planetkde is currently going through some khtml flameing. No actually
> helpful facts on the webkit part though.
>
> Christoph

Its not only the rendering that is nice is WebKit.  Arora also handles Ajax
type web pages much better.  For instance GWT applications (even old ones)
work where they never did with Konqueror, the BBC map showing the
progress of the train they are running around India to cover the election
shows up (on Konqueror you get a blank, on Firefox it is wrongly positioned
and has none of the place markers) works properly, and things like the
CouchDB Footon page also work.

Now I assume that this is due to WebKit rather than Arora (which may be a big
assumption).

David