Re: Kde 4.2.2 - Screensaver settings wont stay between reboots

Bob wrote:

> I'll need to do more tests to be sure, and I'll post back when I have more
> info.

I have now carried further investigations and this is what seems to be
happening.

After a system reboot the screensaver does try to run at startup but only
opens a window titled kblankscrn.kss.  ps shows the screensaver runiing as:
kblankscrn.kss -window-id 71308665

If I close the window and reselect the screensaver from "System Settings"
the screensaver runs correctly and is restarts correctly if I log out and in
again of kde. Now ps shows the screensaver runnimg without the -window
suffix

Bob