Re: Akonadi not starting

I find this page today :
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi

Maybe it's a known page but if not, it could help.
For example it said that akonadi is actually used only by kpilot and mailody.
Korganizer and KContactManager (next kaddressbook) will use akonadi in kde4.3.
It explains how to solve your initial problem too (as far as I understand).
It even explains that akonadi DB use 100M by default, then grow ...

So, useful page.