Re: Can KDE4 use Postgresql rather than MySql

On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 April 2009, David Goodenough wrote:
> > I notice that Kde4 pulls in MySql, I think if I remember correctly this
> > is part of the new bits of KdePim for akonadi (if I remember its name
> > correctly).
> >
> > I use Postgresql for all my databases, and feel much more comfortable
> > with Postgresql than I do with MySql (even more so now that it seems
> > to be being forked upstream).  Is it possible to build akonadi with
> > postgresql support rather than mysql, and if so is this something that
> > the Kde packagers might consider - i.e. offering the choice?
>
> There has been some initial work on supporting Postgresql and I think those
> patches got merged.
>
> It might require some manual setup, i.e. the fully automomous startup is
> most likely only supported for MySQL right now.
>
> Would be interesting to have some feedback/testing on usage with Postgres
> though.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Do you know how I would tell if all the patches where there, and how I go
about telling akonadi to try to use postgresql?  It would appear that
akonadi starts its own mysql server instance, but I already have a postgresql
server instance running, so all I would need to do it point it at that - I
guess.

David