Can KDE4 use Postgresql rather than MySql

I notice that Kde4 pulls in MySql, I think if I remember correctly this is
part of the new bits of KdePim for akonadi (if I remember its name
correctly).

I use Postgresql for all my databases, and feel much more comfortable
with Postgresql than I do with MySql (even more so now that it seems
to be being forked upstream).  Is it possible to build akonadi with
postgresql support rather than mysql, and if so is this something that
the Kde packagers might consider - i.e. offering the choice?

David