Re: [KDE 4.1 backports] yakuake missing

Hi!

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 03:27:00PM -0400, Ben E. Hard wrote:
> I would be willing to do some packaging and to contribute, but I'm afraid to be not of very much help, as I have never done that (besides of building debs for my one. I know there is a lot of information about packaging on the net, but I currently don't have the time either). I didn't want to push anybody to do the packaging, but was just wandering about the policy to only include official kde4 modules. Time is a very good reason not to include much more, especially as there is a lot do in packaging kde-stuff for you folks, I assume.

For the record, at least with the 4.1.x series, it is more important helping
in the experimental packages that in the backport, a good handling in the
experimentla packages make it very easy to backport.
Lke 90% of the time is building and testing, and i am afraid I am the only one
who can do that. Unless somebody else *trustable* in the team wants to build
the final releases, but it is not currently the case.

> > These are Lenny backports (so they are more "future stable" backports than
> > testing backports). You can be pretty sure that it will take a while until
> > KDE 4 migrates to testing after it enters unstable. But backports will
> > stay Lenny not Squeeze ones during that period.
>
> I see. Hope that with the release of KDE 4.2 they might migrate to testing.

I expect this, but remember when 4.2.x will be migrating to testing, testing
will be "squeeze" and it won't have too much to do with current testing.

Ana