Re: make local printer a network printer

On Saturday 23 September 2006 06:59 pm, Seb wrote:

> I'm using CUPS, and the printer is running well in the one computer.
> I'm having trouble finding how to make this printer available to the
> other computer in the network.

You need to tell CUPS on the machine with the printer to broadcast it's
services and allow access from computers on the local network.  Once
that is done the client should automatically find the server within a
minute or so.  In /etc/cups.conf, change the following:

#BrowseAddress x.y.z.255
#BrowseAddress x.y.255.255
#BrowseAddress x.255.255.255
#BrowseAddress 255.255.255.255
BrowseAddress @LOCAL			# un-comment this
#BrowseAddress @IF(name)

[snip]

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From @LOCAL 				# add this
</Location>

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| A proud member of the unhinged moonbat horde.