Re: make local printer a network printer

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:06:21 -0400,
Bob Hauck <bobh@haucks.org> wrote:

[...]

> You need to tell CUPS on the machine with the printer to broadcast it's
> services and allow access from computers on the local network.  Once
> that is done the client should automatically find the server within a
> minute or so.  In /etc/cups.conf, change the following:

[...]

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm using Debian unstable, and I don't have
a /etc/cups.conf file, but a /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, which didn't have a
'BrowseAddress' directive in it.  However, there were these interesting
relevant lines in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf:

---<---------------cut here---------------start-------------->---

# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
Listen localhost:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

# Show shared printers on the local network.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow @LOCAL

Any further ideas would be appreciated.