Re: control file: line with unknown format (not field-colon-value)

El lunes, 8 de mayo de 2006 15:17, niranjan@eninteractive.com escribió:
> /////  I am using debian2.0

	That is simply impossible.  You really meant Debian sarge 3.0, didn't you?

> As per ur suggestion I  joined Build-Depends in one line, and the same for
> Depends   .
>   Now I am getting the following error :
>
>   error: control file must have at least one binary package part
> dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.

	Look, I do not know why you are trying to mangle and shred the debian/control
file from qalculate 0.7.2, but what is the problem using the one shipped with
sarge?:
===========

Source: qalculate
Section: gnome
Maintainer: Martin Waitz <tali@debian.org>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 4.1.16), cdbs, libncurses5-dev, libreadline4-dev, libgnome2-dev (>= 2.6.1.1-1), libgtk2.0-dev, libglade2-dev, libxml2-dev, libcln-dev, libgmp3-dev, libxml-parser-perl, scrollkeeper
Standards-Version: 3.6.1.0

Package: qalc
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
Suggests: qalculate
Replaces: qalculate
 Qalculate! is small and simple to use but with much power and versatility
 underneath.  Features include customizable functions, units, arbitrary
 precision using a one-line fault-tolerant expression entry.
 .
 This package contains the command line version of Qalculate!.

Package: qalculate
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, wget, gnuplot
 Qalculate! is small and simple to use but with much power and versatility
 underneath.  Features include customizable functions, units, arbitrary
 precision, plotting, and a graphical interface (GTK+) that uses a one-line
 fault-tolerant expression entry (although it supports optional traditional
 buttons).

===========

	Your control file is incomplete. You need to specify a description for at least
one package, I guess that is the problem.

	Respect the spaces in the above file before the lines below Description field,
and remember that the Build-Depends goes into one line (I do not know if SquirrelMail
will mangle my message; probably will do).

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
- If my grandfather Everglot were to see this, he'd be rolling in his grave!
- Finnis...where do you keep the spirits? [shakes wine glass]