Re: problems starting KDE

> The problem, as far as I can see is the DCOP communication problem.
>
> Check /etc/hosts, specifically, and ensure you have not messed with the line
>
> 127.0.0.1  localhost
>
> and that your system hostname (uname -n) is resolvable by your chosen domain
> name resolution system (DNS/files/NIS, whichever you are using).

Hi  David

Following your advice, I have checked /etc/hosts -- only one line
127.0.0.1  localhost
is there, which is logical: I use hdclient, so all this stuff is
generated automatically
after each boot up.

Also uname -u gives the same as in /etc/hostname
host <hostname> resolves the name without any problem (so, DNS works well)

So, I am quite desperate :(

Thanks anyway,

Roman