encodings in Kmail

Hi,
I have question about spell-checking in Kmail. I use the spell-checker for the
Russian language (my system set to ru koi8-r), but the spell checker always
try to use the iso-8859-2 encoding, and therefore the spell-checking fails,
because RU and iso-8859-2 are incompatible. I always try to set the encoding
to koi8-r, but Kmail automatically and immediately overwrite my settings and
switch to the iso-8859-2 encoding. Can it be fixed?
I have the russian ispell package installed.
I also have installed some central-europian ispell packages which use
iso-8859-2. But Kmail choose the iso-8859-2 encoding for my e-mail account
however it was setup with russian dictionary.