KGhostView

I have been using KGhostView for some time now, testing and printing out home-spun
postscript mapping programmes,  and also down-loaded .pdf files.

Recently however, either after an apt-get upgrade or perhaps one of my very infrequent re-boots,
an annoying fault has appeared.

The first phase of KGhostView (and similar progs) is to display the postscript image.
This is ruined by a dominant back-ground pattern of little black triangles.

The subsequent printer output to my hp lj1300 is normal.

It may be a dependency problem (I have not been able to find) or perhaps due to a library
change,  - or even something to do with my X-server.

The problem is that I have run out of ideas.

I have thought of going right back to Woody, which was OK, and then upgrading bit by bit until the fault re-appears.
Any better ideas please ?

Best regards,

Geoff.