Re: wrong locale in kpackage kde 3.3.2

On Thursday 10 February 2005 19:04, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 04 February 2005 20:51, Mauro Darida wrote:
> > I have noticed that every time I install a package from kpackage it
> > gives the following warnings:
> > perl:warning:Setting locale failed.
> > perl:warning:Please check that your locale settings:
> > LANGUAGE=(unset)
> > LC_ALL="en_US"
> > LANG=(unset)
> > are supported and installed on your system
> > perl:warning:Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
> >
> > This is what I have in my system locale settings:
> > # cat /etc/profile
> > # /etc/profile: system-wide .profile file for the Bourne shell (sh(1))
> > # and Bourne compatible shells (bash(1), ksh(1), ash(1), ...).
>
> [...]
>
> > #
> > # Imposto la localizzazione
> > LANG=en_IE@euro
> > export LANG
> > LC_CTYPE=en_IE@euro
> > export LC_CTYPE
> > LC_ALL=en_IE@euro
> > export LC_ALL
>
> AFAIK /etc/profile is not read when you log in through KDM.
> The proper place to set default LANG and LANGUAGE is /etc/environment.
>
> If you want per user settings, I think ~/.kde/env/<some script> is the
> proper place.

Ok, I modified /etc/environment:
LANG=en_IE@euro
LC_CTYPE=en_IE@euro
and removed LC_ALL from /etc/profile. This is the new kpackage output:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
 LANGUAGE = (unset),
 LC_ALL = "en_US",
 LANG = "en_IE@euro"
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
Selecting previously deselected package alien.
(Reading database ... 161813 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking alien (from .../archives/alien_8.50_all.deb) ...
Setting up alien (8.50) ...
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
 LANGUAGE = (unset),
 LC_ALL = "en_US",
 LANG = "en_IE@euro"
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
 LANGUAGE = (unset),
 LC_ALL = "en_US",
 LANG = "en_IE@euro"

Any other ideas?

--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
Successfully Microsoft free since December 2002.