wrong locale in kpackage kde 3.3.2

hello,
I have noticed that every time I install a package from kpackage it gives the
following warnings:
perl:warning:Setting locale failed.
perl:warning:Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE=(unset)
LC_ALL="en_US"
LANG=(unset)
are supported and installed on your system
perl:warning:Falling back to the standard locale ("C").

This is what I have in my system locale settings:
# cat /etc/profile
# /etc/profile: system-wide .profile file for the Bourne shell (sh(1))
# and Bourne compatible shells (bash(1), ksh(1), ash(1), ...).

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11"

if [ "$BASH" ]; then
  PS1='\u@\h:\w\$ '
else
  if [ "`id -u`" -eq 0 ]; then
    PS1='# '
  else
    PS1='$ '
  fi
fi

export PATH PS1

umask 022
#
# Imposto la localizzazione
LANG=en_IE@euro
export LANG
LC_CTYPE=en_IE@euro
export LC_CTYPE
LC_ALL=en_IE@euro
export LC_ALL

# cat /etc/locale.gen
# This file lists locales that you wish to have built. You can find a list
# of valid supported locales at /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED. Other
# combinations are possible, but may not be well tested. If you change
# this file, you need to rerun locale-gen.
#
# XXX GENERATED XXX
#
# NOTE!!! If you change this file by hand, and want to continue
# maintaining manually, remove the above line. Otherwise, use the command
# "dpkg-reconfigure locales" to manipulate this file. You can manually
# change this file without affecting the use of debconf, however, since it
# does read in your changes.

en_IE@euro ISO-8859-15
it_IT@euro ISO-8859-15

I have no idea why kpackage seems to ignore locale system settings.
--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
Successfully Microsoft free since December 2002.