Playing Shoutcast?

Yo!

On my system (KDE-wise mostly unstable, but the problem might well be some
library mix-up between KDE 3.2 and 3.3), no application is registered as
being able to handle audio/x-scpls.  Is there really no KDE application?
(And - OT -  why doesn't xmms register itself?)

Worse: when I manually add xmms as application (with the Add button in the
"File Associations" dialog of the KDE control center), and then close
control center and re-open it, xmms as registered application has
disappeared again. (I *did* hit 'Apply', and it *did* say 'updating system
configuration')

Adding a KDE application (like, for example, konqueror) as application
"works" (except, of course, that konqueror doesn't know what to do.)

Any hints?

greetings
-- vbi

--