Re: Playing Shoutcast?

On October 28, 2004 03:16, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> On my system (KDE-wise mostly unstable, but the problem might well be
> some library mix-up between KDE 3.2 and 3.3), no application is
> registered as being able to handle audio/x-scpls.  Is there really no
> KDE application? (And - OT -  why doesn't xmms register itself?)

The XMMS now in unstable does add itself to the KDE menu, and associates
itself with audio/x-scpls. The .desktop file has some UTF-8 translation
problems I'm in the process of fixing, but it does seem to work well
otherwise (let me know if it doesn't!).

> Worse: when I manually add xmms as application (with the Add button in
> the "File Associations" dialog of the KDE control center), and then
> close control center and re-open it, xmms as registered application has
> disappeared again. (I *did* hit 'Apply', and it *did* say 'updating
> system configuration')
> Adding a KDE application (like, for example, konqueror) as application
> "works" (except, of course, that konqueror doesn't know what to do.)

That is strange - I've never had a problem manually associating non-KDE
apps, but then day-to-day I'm using the Sarge packages. The KDE BTS does
have a few entries that might be relevant to this problem - #92134 and
#70533 - but they don't offer much information.

Cheers,
Christopher Martin