Re: kdelibs build problem

> Dominique Devriese writes:
>> Matthew M Lavy writes:
>>> I would be very grateful for advice on the following: I have just
>>> upgraded my Debian system from woody to unstable (big hike I know
>>> :)). All is well, except for KDE. kdeinit fails to start; further
>>> investigation reveals the following: #kde-config kde-config:
>>> relocation error: /usr/lib/libkdefx.so.4: undefined symbol:
>>> _ZN7QObject5eventEP6QEvent
>> This is weird.
>>> Hmm. So:
>>> #apt-get -b source kdelibs4
>>> <snip> In other words, here's my relocation error again.
>> Yes, I'm not sure why you thought this would fix anything.

> Thought it might be some weird linking error that would magically
> resolve itself if the same gcc were used on QT and KDE on my
> system. Evidently I was wrong :)

Yes, I think it is indeed a problem due to your kdelibs and qt not
being compiled with the same compiler, but your approach to solving it
was not correct, I think.

> dpkg -l |grep qt

> rc libqt3-mt 3.0.3-20020329 Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version).

Can you try to remove the above quoted package ?

apt-get remove libqt3-mt

The absence of "c102" in the package name seems to indicate that it is
still compiled with an older c++ compiler, and the link
/usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 probably still points to the library from that
package.  If you don't want to remove the package, you can also try
the following:

cd /usr/lib && ln -sf libqt-mt.so.3.2 libqt-mt.so.3

cheers
domi