Re: kdelibs build problem

Matthew M Lavy writes:

> I would be very grateful for advice on the following: I have just
> upgraded my Debian system from woody to unstable (big hike I know
> :)). All is well, except for KDE. kdeinit fails to start; further
> investigation reveals the following: #kde-config kde-config:
> relocation error: /usr/lib/libkdefx.so.4: undefined symbol:
> _ZN7QObject5eventEP6QEvent

This is weird.

> Hmm. So:
> #apt-get -b source kdelibs4
> <snip>
>  In other words, here's my relocation
> error again.

Yes, I'm not sure why you thought this would fix anything.

> I am running Linux i386 Kernel version 2.4.19 gcc
> version 3.3.3. 20031229 libqt3c102-mt et al debian packages v3.2.3-1
> (I also tried building the libqt packages on my own system in case
> the problem lay in qt; this works fine). Any thoughts would be
> appreciated.

You seem to have a tendency of compiling stuff yourself.  Are you sure
you're using the standard debian qt and kde packages.  If so, can you
send us the output of the following command:

     nm --dynamic /usr/lib/libqt3-mt.so | grep _ZN7QObject5eventEP6QEvent

cheers
domi