Re: Why Are Some Fonts So Bad ?

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 11:03:33 +0100, Gunter Ohrner wrote:

>By the way, *none* of the fonts in the screenshot is anti-aliased.

Oh ... thanks .. really ? ... confused I am now.

Anti-aliasing is definitely enabled in Kcontrol - see my screenshot of
the relevant part of the Kcontrol dialog :
  http://www.glimmer.demon.co.uk/kde/ctlcent-font-spec.png

Maybe it's lying to me  :-(

I did wonder about the smaller fonts in that screenshot - they look
clean enough, but maybe in that particular size range they work well
anyway.

My investigation continues (my next message in this thread).
Thanks for your information.

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
/* Nobody will ever see this error message :-) */
   panic("Cannot initialize video hardware\n");