Re: libqt3-emb

> > I'm actually doing alot of work on the Embedded packages currently.  I'm
> > working on Qtopia as well and will be working more with the Debian Zaurus
> > project.
> What I meant is syncing efforts with the qt-x11-free packages so that things
> don't show up double like the makeqpf and qvfb programs that we now package
> inside qt-x11 which will make any dependency on your side to a build against
> a qt-x11 obsolete; further where things should go and into which packages.
> It's not so much an issue with qt-embedded 2.3.2 as it is with 3.x ones I
> think, but generally tools like qvfb that are used by the developer on the
> desktop (so depend on the x11 version) should ship with qt-x11.

I totally agree.

> Let's clear out details later when Martin has uploaded the new qt-x11
> packages. We'll do a diff from qt-copy now against the original qt-x11-free
> package from Trolltech to make clear it's a set of accepted packages but
> everything shows up in the diff that includes the debian dir as patches
> what's in qt-copy. Another thing is two manpages missing that we'll have to
> write.

That's cool.  I have several goals with the Embedded packages...The first
being that they are properly named...libqt3-emb is not hte proper name for
the packages so new packages will be showing up soon that follow the proper
naming conventions.  The second part is that they are built properly to support
future packages that will be part of Debian proper:  Qtopia/Opie/etc...
And finally to make sure that everything that should be built is built and
that which is duplicated in the main Qt packages are no longer duplicated.

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II