Ralf's sid packages : only default font is available

Hi everybody !

I just switched to Ralf's 3.1 packages (sid). They are working perfectly,
except that only the default (fixed) font is available. In fact, I can choose
the font I want (the full lists appears), but whatever the one I select, the
default one is always printing.

It is not related to XF, since my old home-made packages can still display
every fonts without problem.

If it can help, I found this in my ~/.xsession-errors :

Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

Does anybody know where this problem comes from ?

Thanks a lot,