Re: New packages & changes

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 07:43:47AM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > > You could also use /etc/X11/X though,
> >
> > hmm, is this really the suggested way of invoking an x server?
> > this is a helper link of the debian config system, which i thought
> > is not supposed to be used directly. time to read the policy, i guess
>
> s -l /etc/X11/X
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           20 Dec  7 21:44 /etc/X11/X -> /usr/bin/X11/XFree86

i know. i have the same. ;)
anyway, that does not mean anything. afaik, /usr/bin/X11/X is the
offcial "entry point". this wrapper program then uses (or does not use)
the symlink depending on the way it was configured with debconf.

> don't you think we could add those lines per default into the
> debian Xservers file for KDM and comment them out with hashes ?

feel free to do so. i didn't make the feature official yet, as it is not
really ready (joe user does not like alt-ctrl-Fx ...).

greetings