Re: Ralf's sid packages : only default font is available

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Matthieu Robin wrote:

> Hi everybody !
>
> I just switched to Ralf's 3.1 packages (sid). They are working perfectly,
> except that only the default (fixed) font is available. In fact, I can choose
> the font I want (the full lists appears), but whatever the one I select, the
> default one is always printing.

Try this.

* Go to KDE Control Center
* Go to System Administration
* If you're not logged in as root it will ask for your root password.
* Go to Font Installer
* In the dropdown at the top, switch from Basic Mode to Advanced Mode
* Click the Add button at the bottom of the screen
* Browse to the directory where your desired fonts are
* Click on one of them, then press Ctrl-A to select them all
* Click whatever OK buttons come up

You should have your fonts back.  You might need to go into Appearance &
Themes > Fonts to reselect them all.

Note:  I don't guarantee that following these instructions will do
anything at all.  I don't guarantee that they'll leave you with a usable
system afterward.  I especially don't guarantee they'll do what I said
they'd do.  If something breaks, don't blame me.

Let me know off-list what happens.

--
Chris Goodwin
archer7@attbi.com