Re: New packages & changes

On Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2003 10:49, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> * Ralf Nolden schrieb am 22.01.03 um 07:43 Uhr:

> > >                                    ^
> > > it would be advisable to use 2 and 3, though. ;)
> >
> > Thanks, I only did it the quick and dirty way :-) and just testet it with
> > 1 session :-)
>
> Hi Ralf,
>
> I added those line to the file. But how can I test it? What is the
> difference now?
> And waht exactly does the "reserve" do?
It sets a display on reserve without opening it, i.e. it opens it on demand.
To use the feature, you need to lock your screen. Then you will see a new
button right from the password input to unlock the screen which says "Start
new session". Click on that button and it will open a new KDM login on the
first reserved vt, i.e. on vt8. You can then log in as a different user
(which is extremely useful in families if you don't want to close your
session just because your wife bugs you because she wants to play kpat or
check her mail, also for your kids). To switch between the screens use
Alt+Ctrl+F7 / F8 / F9 etc.

Ralf

> -Marc
> --
> BUGS My programs  never  have  bugs.  They  just  develop  random
>      features.  If you discover such a feature and you want it to
>      be removed: please send an email to bug at links2linux.de

- --
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org