Re: Does KDE 3.x run on Woody/testing system

On Freitag, 17. Januar 2003 14.22, Roland Wegmann wrote:
> Hello
>
> I followed the discussions about the different KDE 3.x packages. On my
> iMac I'm running Woody/stable and KDE 2.2.x.
> Now I installed Woody/testing (with openoffice from unstable) on my new
> iBook (11.2002) and have in mind to install the 'latest' KDE Desktop.

Okay. After several tries I was more or less successfull to compile the 3.0.5a
packages from Ralf sources
(ftp://download.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.5a/Debian/woody/source), but I was
never able to compile successfully the kdeadmin package, therefore I never
wanted to publish my port.

The needed changes are specified in build_debs.cfg:

a) Build-Depends for each package group. e.g to build kdegraphics in a freshly
chrooted environment you need additionally the packages libqt3-dev imlib-dev
libpng2 libpng2-dev.

b) Additional one has to replace in the debian/control-file libpng-dev and
libpng3-dev by libpng2-dev and libaudio-dev libaudiofile-dev.

The whole process was automated by the attached Ruby scripts and took about 16
hours on my PowerMac B/W G3 300 MHz.

But the packages did run fine for me the last 10 day (no intensive use).

I had no time to try the 3.1 release. Maybe this helps you-

Regards

--
Niklaus Giger
Wieshoschet 6