Konsole and Unicode

	I'm trying to enable Unicode on my system, but ran into a little trouble with
konsole. I have a file that is UTF-8 encoded, but when I view it with 'less'
in konsole, I see the two-character representation, rather than a single
glyph, even with konsole's font settings set to "Unicode".
	Also, while I'm at it, would someone kindly point me in the direction of more
recent documentation for enabling Unicode? The Unicode HOWTO over at tldp.org
is apparently out of date, since its advice for 'less' makes mention of
LESSCHARSET, which others have said is depricated (but fail to mention how to
do it now).
	Thanks,
	:Peter