Re: More KMail Cool Problems

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:26:22 -0500,
Robert Tilley wrote:
> I tried the following
>
> export CXX=/usr/bin/g++-2.95
> export CPP=/usr/bin/cpp-2.95
>
> before ./configure and make
>
> and received the message:
>
> <SNIP>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021))
> (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your
> installation!  For more details about this problem, look at the
> end of config.log.
>
> I'm told this is because g++ and cpp needed to be redirected to
> 2.95 instead of 3.2.  What I have done wrong with the exports
> up above?
> --
> Comments are most appreciated,

Take this as a comment and not a solution: I embedded the export
line inside debian/rules.

# GCC 3.2 defines
export CC  = gcc-3.2
export CXX = g++-3.2
export CPP = cpp-3.2

I did this for every KDE app that wanted g*-3.2 (since my QT copy
appears to be compiled with these options). So maybe in your case
you should s/3.2/2.95/.