Re: compilation of KDE3

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 03:25:29PM +0330, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:

> That's the problem! I got qt-copy from KDECVS but there was some error
> compiling it.
> Any idea?

Could you please be a little bit more specific, what error messages you get?
As far as I remember, all you have to do is

export QTDIR=/usr/local/qt3 (or whereever you have qt3 unpacked)
./configure
make

you do not need to execute make install. The qt library resides in the directory where you compiled it.

As far as I remeber, you also have to export KDEDIR=/usr/local/kde and
if you have already installed KDE2.2 from Woody (which I have), you
have to tweak some other things a little bit, so that KDE does not get
confused. As far as I remember, there was a installation guide linked
on the kde3.1 announcement. You should definitely read it
carefully. KDE is not hard to compile, but it is not completely
trivial. ./configure && make && make install alone will not do the
trick.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask, but please tell us
exactly, what error messages you encounter.

CU,
Michael