Re: compilation of KDE3

Hello,

> Hi all!
> I am newbie in this list, and wqnt to know HOW CAN I COMPILE KDE3 ON DEBIAN3.0

I think, you can savely compile KDE3.1beta1, which gives you some
additional nice features like tabs in Konqueror. I have not
encountered any problems with it.

First install qt3. You can get qt-copy from KDE CVS, but as far as I
know, the newest qt3 in Debian unstable/testing will also do.

Just download the source from
ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/kde/unstable/kde-3.1-beta1/src

First install arts, then kdelibs and then kdebase.

unpack the packages: tar jxf packagename.tar.bz2
create a makefile: make -f Makefile.cvs
run configure ./configure
finally make and then make install.

As far as Debian packages are concerned, I did not try, but they
should work fine. You just have to find the right apt-lines, which
makes it probably faster to compile the stuff yourself;-)) (sorry,
could not resist)

By,
Michael