kpackager can't find correct PATH

Hello!

I played around with my roots .profile and .bashrc-files a little bit, but
some software didn't like so I "normalized" them again.
Unfortunately Kpackage still compalins the following when I install a
package:
--
dpkg: `ldconfig' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `start-stop-daemon' not found on PATH.

I have made sure that the enviroment setting PATH is correct both in
.profile, .bashrc and even /etc/bash.bashrc, but it does not seem to do the
trick.

Any ideas? Does anybody know what kind of prompt the Kpackage initiates?

Thanks,

-Otto