Re: KDE 2.2 in woody?

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 02:41:57PM +0100, Steffen Evers wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 12:47, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
> > I understand your fear!  KDE is included with your new sources list.
> > You will no longer need to specify a seperate entry just for KDE since
> > the qt library issue was resolved.  Here is cp of my active source list
> > from
> Maybe I got it wrong, but Rachel wanted to install KDE _2.2_ and this is
> not included in woody at the moment. So, the question is still there:
> What is the best way to upgrade only certain packages from unstable
> without upgrading the entire system to sid?

Use /etc/apt/preferences. (from apt 0.5.x, you might have to manually
upgrade apt first) like this:

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian
Pin-Priority: -10

That way, you can do

	apt-get install something

and it will be pulled from testing. If you want something from
sid/unstable, including all that depends on it, use

	apt-get -t unstable install something

and it will be pulled from sid. You must include BOTH deb lines in the
sources.list however.

--
Jens Benecke ········ http://www.hitchhikers.de/ - Europas Mitfahrzentrale
   · . ·