Re: trying to upgrade KDE - now nothing works!

The point is that there are no KDE 2.2-debs for Potato!

ahhh.. ok =)

If your box is NOT a server, needing 99% uptime and the latest
security-patches available cause of a high possibility to be attacked, you
can upgrade your whole system to woody and then get the KDE 2.2-bins from
sid.

yep that would work. I was wary of using Woody because I'm still very much new to Debian (I had used RedHat before but it was a lot easier to install). The box is behind a firewall and is just for testing stuff really so upgrading would be an option.

If you could explain how I go about this I'd be grateful. Can I upgrade via apt-get ?

Rachel