Re: AA again

Putz Ákos <Putz_Akos@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:05:30AM +0100, Viktor Lakics wrote:
> > The second question: I love AA, but I absolutely need konsole with the "linux"
> > console font (not AA-ed). Konsole looks crap when I use AA-ed fonts. Is there
> > any way to have a specific app started with non AA-d fonts from an AA-ed
> > environment?
>
> mv /usr/bin/konsole /usr/bin/konsole.real
>
> create a new /usr/bin/konsole script:
>
> ---cut---
> #!/bin/bash
> export QT_XFT=0
> /usr/bin/konsole.real $*
> ---cut---

Am I wrong or will this script be overwritten everytime a new
konsole-version is out - which will happen quit often in SID? I think it
would be better to leave konsole in it's place and create a
/usr/local/bin/konsole, linking to /usr/bin/konsole. /usr/local/bin is
in $PATH before /usr/bin. But perhaps a workaround like this should be
included by Ivan in konsole.deb, as this is a general bug with aa in
kde?

olli
--
http://www.sopos.net | der linke Informationsdienst für subversive Politik