Re: Kde 2.2 Beta1

  >>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:22:01 -0400,
  >>> "mikepolniak" == mikepolniak <mikpolniak@adelphia.net> wrote:

  mikepolniak> I also needed to apt-get install konqueror but the beta
  mikepolniak> konqueror crashes way more than the old one and i' am stuck
  mikepolniak> with it because of the dependencies.

I managed to downgrade my konqueror from "unstable" to "testing", because I
was also having crash problems.

You need to pin the "testing" packages to a priority of over 1000, in order
to allow downgrading.  Here are the "/etc/apt/preferences" settings I used:

    Package: *
    Pin: release a=testing
    Pin-Priority: 1777

    Package: *
    Pin: release a=unstable
    Pin-Priority: 333

Then I de-installed my KDE packages using "dpkg --force-all -r".  This
breaks a whole bunch of dependencies, and generates a bunch of warnings.

Finally, I re-installed KDE from "testing" using "apt-get -f install".
Seems to have worked.

--
Mike