Re: Attenzione per i nuovi acquisti di hardware (BIOS only ms-windows Vista)

Davide Prina scrisse:

Per quanto non voglia minimizzare il pericolo del TCPA, gli articoli
che hai citato sembrano contraddirsi.

Questo in particolare:
> http://www.networkcomputing.com/blog/dailyblog/archives/2007/04/jumping_to_conc.html
sembra smentire e liquidare gli altri allarmi come pure bufale. Cito:
«Just to clear the air, I took some time this afternoon to speak with
Phoenix about their BIOS and the way they regard operating systems.
Phoenix says that they have added features to their BIOS to help
support Windows but have never made a BIOS that would lock out other
operating systems.» e poi:
«Now to their credit, several Digg and Reddit commenters pointed out the
rashness of chessonly's judgment and advised caution before blaming
Phoenix, Microsoft, or Toshiba. Their wise words were almost drowned
out in the "Down with MS" and "I'm never buying a machine with Phoenix
BIOS" posts.»

Credo sia bene definirli falsi allarmismi subito ed evitare di mettere
in moto il meccanismo della bufala. Concordo con alcune parole dello
stesso autore: «I am as wary of Microsoft as anyone, but the sky really
needs to be falling before we scream and point. Otherwise our screams
will not be heard when the sky really is falling.»

Ciao, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | luca.br(AT)uno.it