Kernel 2.4.0 and ADSL

I'm trying to move my gateway from an old pppox setup using a patched
2.2.14 kernel and pppoed to the pppoe support in 2.4.0, but I'm having
difficulty finding documentation. For the old setup I patched and built a
custom ppp daemon etc, but now that the support is shipped in the new
stable kernel I'm wondering if pppd from woody supports pppoe
connections? Any pointers to dox, or advice, appreciated.

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for
somewhere else..
                                       -- R. Buckminster Fuller