Re: AW: NOC scripting

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 07:33:07PM +0100, Andreas Rabus wrote:

> I used to uses some of RDDTools, BigBrother, mon,... but still need to login
> to a few servers.
> Despite that Bots (and i will try that earlier mentiond NetSaint, too :)
>
> so i'm interereset in that kind of thing too...

Sure, sometimes you can't fix things without logging in.  It should be a
trivial task to take your favorite window manager (fvwm2! :)) and add
buttons and/or menu items to log into a remote machine.  That and a web
browser should be all you need.  (And if you're bored, it's not hard to
convince monshow to provide rlogin: url's on the details for each
item... you should be able to convince Netscape to use ssh instead of
rlogin.... see the Navigator/Applications preferences menu.)

If you want real-time-pretty-graphs and such, look at scotty... not
nearly as useful as mon since I've never convinced it to page me, but
you can get real-time displays of all sorts of useless things and build
a mini diagnostic/display tool (where clicking on a computer could open
an ssh session).