Re: [DDTSS]: missing paragraphs already translated / DDTSS source ?

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 3:04 AM, Simon Paillard
<simon.paillard@resel.enst-bretagne.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 10:49:20PM +0200, Davide Prina wrote:
>> In DDTSS two identical English paragraphs with only one space of
>> difference are seen as different.
>>
>> For example if the package libghc6-pandoc-dev is already translated
>> in your language than the libghc6-pandoc-doc has seen by DDTSS as
>> completely not translated, when you need to translate only the last
>> paragraph!
>>
>> This is an extra work for translator and so the same English text
>> can have different translations.
>>
>> This is very simple task to implement.

The reason is basically that "paragraphs" are indexed by md5sum and
one character is enough to make the md5sum totally different.

My question is, why do the originals differ by only a space?

Anyway, I thought Pootle was going to provide full translation
features. Fixing this is DDTS is going to be quite painful....

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/